August 18 will feature a tour of Flex and a networking dinner, while Aug. 19 will be a workshop at NBMC Headquarters in San Jose, CA.
In this workshop, NBMC will explore the research and development underway to enable continuous monitoring through the collection and analysis of alternative sources such as interstitial fluid, sweat, saliva and tears.
The Blood, Sweat and Tears Workshop focuses on all the body fluid modalities for assessing biomarkers in both the health and human performance domains.
Confirmed Speakers (partial list):
• Perry Skeath, PhD, Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
• Neil Walsh, FACSM, Bangor University (Ireland)
• Malcolm Thompson, PhD, Nano-Bio Manufacturing Consortium
• Michael Daniele, PhD, North Carolina State University
• Natalie Wisniewski, PhD, Profusa, Inc.
• Regina Shia, PhD, United States Air Force
• Linda Powers, PhD, University of Arizona
• David Young, PhD, University of California, San Francisco
• Mark Willcox, PhD, University of New South Wales (Australia).
The visitors will get a chance to visit the Advanced Engineering Labs of Flex in Milpitas, which include five labs under one roof.