The second of its kind in the world (Blue Sky - San Jose opened in April 2015) and the only one in Europe, Jabil’s new 5,600 square meter facility aims to enable competitive innovation for customers by helping them compress product lifecycles, respond more quickly to changing market demands and reduce the risks and costs associated with design, supply and manufacturing.
“In this tremendously competitive digital age, Jabil’s customers are locked in a daily race to invent, disrupt, enhance, prototype and produce new product experiences more quickly than ever,” said Erich Hoch, CEO of Jabil Packaging Solutions. “With the launch of our new Blue Sky Center in Tortosa, customers will have powerful technologies and expertise at their fingertips to drive game-changing advancements in their product lines.”
The Tortosa Center targets European customers tasked with developing advanced packaging for the consumer goods, food and beverage, consumer health and industrial/professional market segments. Among the digital-era design and manufacturing resources that the center offers:
• Europe’s first and only Jabil Control Tower, driving world-class Intelligent Digital Supply Chain decision support for customers.
• A test zone for prototype development, as well as digital prototype and 3D printing capabilities that cut the time-to-market for new product introductions in half.
• State-of-the-art high capacity injection mold equipment.
• A leading-edge lab for product development and mold design and construction.
• Jabil’s Plastics Technology Learning Center.
“We are thrilled that Jabil Packaging Solutions is investing in the region with an innovation center that will help us to drive creative packaging development for our business,” said Montse Ayuso, Nestlé Group manager packaging materials procurement.