The forum will breakdown the topic into four key areas: OEM applications; market analysis and forecasts; challenges to integration; and solutions for Tier 2 and Tier 3 suppliers.
Speakers include representatives from SBD Automotive, Fiat-Chrysler Group LLC, Velodyne LiDAR, Lumitex, Alpha Micron, NextFlex, Auburn University, Universal Instruments, Interlink Electronics, Georgia Institute of Technology, DuPont Photovoltaics & Advanced Materials and more.
Speakers and topics include:
• Electronics in the Transportation Sector – Jeffrey Hannah, director, North America, SBD Automotive
• Evolution of Traction Motors and Electrification – Hossein Dadkhah, manager, Electrified Powertrain, Electric Motors & Drive Units, Fiat-Chrysler Group LLC
• The State of Solid-State 3D LiDAR – Frank Bertini, UAV and Robotics business manager, Velodyne LiDAR
• Printed Lighting Applications for the Automotive Industry – Alan Grezler, CTO, Lumitex
• Next Generation of Electronic Tint-on-Demand for Automotive Glazing Application – Bahman Taheri, CEO, Alpha Micron
• FHE and the Transportation Sector – Technology Roadmap – Scott Miller, director of strategic programs, NextFlex
• Automotive Electronics in Extreme Environments – Pradeep Lall, director of the NSF-Center for Advanced Vehicle Electronics, Auburn University
• Jean-Luc Pelissier, CEO, Universal Instruments
• Current and Future Flexible Hybrid Electronics Solutions for the Automotive Industry – Mark Litecky, VP, sales & marketing, Interlink Electronics
• 3D-/4D-/Inkjet-Printed Flexible RF Sensors and Modules for Smart Automotive Applications – Manos M. Tentzeris, professor, Ken Byers Professor in Flexible Electronics, Georgia Institute of Technology
• In-Mold Electronic Technology – John Crumpton, technical specialist, DuPont Photovoltaics & Advanced Materials
“This forum is an excellent opportunity to discover the possibilities of flexible electronic systems incorporating advance semiconductors, MEMS, and sensors, will provide lightweight, sensor networks that conform, curve, and possibly more. New automotive applications in this area will enable wholly new approaches for the in-cabin driving experience,” said Dr. Melissa Grupen-Shemansky, CTO for Flexible Electronics & Advanced Packaging at SEMI | FlexTech.
Company tours to Ford and a networking dinner are scheduled for Sept. 12, 2017. For more information on the forum and how to register visit the event website at www.semi/org/en/FHE-forum-summary.