In an effort to refine the platform, the Plastics Pipe Institute (PPI) and others have tested SpecBuilder over the past year.
According to PPI’s Debora Bechtloff, member services coordinator, “ASTM SpecBuilder provides a contemporary solution for collaboration, balloting, and publishing. Since adopting SpecBuilder, the number of PPI ballots has increased, member involvement in collaboration and balloting efforts has improved, and PPI publishes documentation more quickly.”
SpecBuilder provides a single platform to ensure organizations’ internal drafts, comments, votes, and supporting documents, are uploaded, acted on, and archived within a single secure tool. Specifically, the tool allows team members to:
• Manage changes to documents.
• Revise multiple documents simultaneously.
• Accelerate voting processes.
• Add hyperlinks to standards.
• Streamline communications.
• Securely store and restart projects.