A renewed portfolio of innovative products will be launched during the show focused on meeting retailer demands for increased efficiency and visibility, reducing waste and cost and ultimately enhancing the consumer experience. New product launches include the ADTP2 EcoCut Solution, a custom-cutting printer that reduces retail supply chain labeling costs by up to 40 percent; the Monarch Pathfinder 6059 Solution with RFID, the company’s first RFID handheld solution, utilizing in-store scanning for returns, reticketing, self-checkout and more; and the WaveSafe RFID inlay, designed to withstand up to 5 minutes in a microwave, enabling grocery retailers to integrate RFID into food packaging and labeling, while minimizing usage concerns.
Avery Dennison will host a 2019 NRF Exhibitor Big Ideas Session on Monday, Jan. 14, 2019 from 1:30-2:00 p.m. ET on Stage 3, Expo Hall, Level 1 at the Javits Convention Center.
Francisco Melo, VP and GM, global RFID, will moderate the panel, “How intelligent Labels are Redefining the Future of Retail Across Multiple Industry Segments,” consisting of retail leaders and RFID experts, including:
- Pam Sweeney, SVP, Logistics, Macy’s;
- Jason A. Sain, co-lead, Retail RFID Group, Accenture Strategy;
- Bill Hardgrave, provost and SVP, Auburn University
On Jan. 14, the company is also sponsoring a Food and Beverage workshop, produced in partnership with NRF and the International Food and Beverage Technology Association (IFBTA), promoting their intelligent solutions for the food and grocery industry. Through its growing suite of Freshmarx food-industry solutions, Avery Dennison is helping to improve food safety, increase efficiency and visibility and provide loss prevention solutions at retail. Most importantly, Freshmarx Solutions can help meet consumer demands for detailed label information about freshness, ingredients, nutrition and provenance. Avery Dennison is also using its industry-leading expertise in UHF RFID solutions to drive new and innovative use cases for the food industry - all of which will be on display at expo booth 3947.
EXPO BOOTH (3947)—Latest Solutions
- Avery Dennison’s aim is to improve efficiency, accuracy and visibility across the retail supply chain. One of the company’s latest advancements is the ADTP2 EcoCut Solution, which couples one continuous label roll with an innovative printer cutting mechanism that allows the user to choose—and vary—the length and quantity of labels they need. Retail manufacturing and distribution centers are challenged with inefficient labeling processes, and now omnichannel fulfillment demands at retail require increased labeling activity without compromising velocity. EcoCut’s ability to help maximize productivity and reduce labeling costs by up to 40 percent - with just one printer and one roll of labels - could prove to be an industry game-changer;
- Avery Dennison’s first RFID-integrated handheld solution is pivotal when it comes to re-ticketing RFID enabled items or RFID-enabling items in the store that are traditionally hard to tag at the source. Increasing accuracy and speed, the Monarch Pathfinder 6059 scans, prints and applies labels—and offers portable RFID encoding— all in one device. Powered by the Android operating system, the device can be held in one hand to allow the operator’s free hand to move items or hold tags, enabling faster price marking.
Innovation enables retailers to enhance the consumer experience while improving retail margins. Avery Dennison’s retail store solutions utilize in-store pricing and promotions solutions to drive holistic merchandising. These solutions are committed to omnichannel fulfillment and meeting “last-mile” delivery demands on retailers—from RFID traceability solutions to retail pricing and promotions that are key to omnichannel retail success, including:
- VELA enhances the retail consumer experience with a new dynamic display advertising system. The innovative window film technology enables retailers to retrofit existing display windows into digital advertising screens by projecting campaigns, promotional offers and brand content to engage and enhance the consumer experience;
- Janela Smart Products Platform continues to be at the forefront of consumer engagement, allowing shoppers to interactively engage with products through a QR code or NFC to access personalized content, special offers, recommendations and other loyalty rewards, creating conversations that encourage repeated interaction.
- RFID is changing the retail industry—from manufacture to point-of-sale and beyond. Tagging products at an item-level give every product a digital identity that can be tracked throughout the supply chain, increasing visibility and efficiency to meet consumer demands in an omnichannel world.
Avery Dennison leads the way in solving food safety, supply chain and operational issues for restaurants, grocery and convenience stores. At the Expo, attendees will see these new products:
- Freshmarx Intelligent Food Industry Solutions can help solve challenges throughout the food supply chain related to food safety, traceability, efficiency, cost savings and waste reduction with a suite of solutions that include hardware, software, applications, labels and service. The growing Freshmarx brand supports food prep and date coding, nutrition and ingredient labeling, Food Donate and Waste programs, RFID supply chain traceability and incorporates Temp and Task Trackers;
- Self-checkout kiosk meets the needs of the retail industry, especially convenience stores. Part of Avery Dennison’s food-intelligent solutions portfolio, the kiosk employs a unique RFID tag, designed and manufactured by the company, that can be applied onto liquids and metals across a wide variety of FMCG products. Developed in partnership with NordicID, a specialist technology company, the module is the fastest, most secure way to check out, accepting several payment methods and allowing RAIN RFID enabled scanning and POS integration;
- WaveSafe Microwave Safe UHF RFID Labels have been developed to meet the growing demands of the food industry to tag a wide range of products with RFID. Designed to withstand up to five minutes in a microwave, WaveSafe labels offer a safe technology solution for the food industry. Proven to increase inventory accuracy to more than 99 percent and reduce waste by about 20 percent, these labels can also enable consumer interaction through RFID enabled smart fridges.