The company will report technology and materials innovations, as well as exhibit a variety of prototypes and concept devices.
Nanosys executives will also participate in several technical talks and sessions throughout the week. Featured presentations include:
- Dr. Charlie Hotz, Nanosys’ VP of R&D, will speak at a Monday seminar focused on Quantum Dot display technologies. The session will review both existing and emerging uses of quantum dots in displays, with an emphasis on technical challenges and future application potential;
- Russell Kempt, Nanosys VP of worldwide sales and marketing, will present as part of the 2019 SID/DSCC Business Conference on Monday, May 13 during the “Technologies Enabling Next Generation Displays;”
- Jason Hartlove, Nanosys CEO and president, will participate in the 2019 SID/DSCC Display Investors Conference on Tuesday, May 14with a presentation during the “Quantum Dot & Nanoparticle” session;
- Dr. Ruiqing Ma, Nanosys’ director of device development, will present an award-winning, SID Distinguished Paper co-authored with LG Display Co. Ltd., titled, “Developing High Efficiency Heavy Metal Free QD-LEDs for Next Generation Displays,” on Friday, May 17 during the Cadmium-Free Materials & Devices session, moderated by Jonathan Steckel of Apple, Inc. and Chang Hee Lee of Samsung Display.
- Dr. Ma will chair a session titled QD Electroluminescence on Thursday, May 16 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:20 p.m. This session will cover the latest progress in Quantum Dot based Electroluminescence devices (QD-LED) in materials, solution processed TFT backplanes and AMQLED displays;
- Daekyoung Kim, Nanosys Scientist, will be moderating a Monday Seminar session titled, “SE:10: Flexible Display Technology Trends and Challenges” by Ho Kyoon Chung, chair professor, SKKU Advanced Institute of Nanoscience and Technology on Monday from 2:40 to 4:10 p.m. This seminar will discuss key factors that govern mechanical durability and propose a measurement system for assessing reliability for display technologies in various environmental conditions.