Conceptual topics of interest include:
• Open concepts that build upon the topics of sensor and flexible hybrid electronics. This includes but it is not limited to devices, manufacturing protocols, embedded software, communication protocols, sensor fusion, and applications.
• Development of a demonstrable, modular, multi-disciplinary, sensing system applicable to flexible, lightweight mobile, and/or curved construction that incorporates a number of sensors, physical interfaces and other function blocks to enable multi-sensor integration, including fusion algorithm development.
Technical areas of interest include:
• AI for Additive Manufacturing – develop and demonstrate artificial intelligence or machine learning algorithms for manufacturing
• Power – develop renewable, sustainable power systems for application to flexible hybrid electronics systems
• Mixed mode interconnect and metallization for FHE
• Human-Machine Interfaces – develop and demonstrate advanced and/or novel human machine interfaces (HMI) with emphasis on soft robotics and biometric security.
Read the full solicitation for more details.
White paper responses are due on March 1, 2019 by 5:00 PM PDT (Pacific Daylight Time). Notification of white paper acceptance and full proposal request will be given on March 18, 2109.