Jaap Lombaers, Holst Centre and Stan Farnsworth, NovaCentrix Corp. are confirmed in their positions as vice chairman Europe and North America, respectively. Dr. Xiaolin Yan, Guangdong JUHUA Printing has been elected as the new vice chairman Asia.
• Chairman - Dr. Jeremy Burroughes, CDT Ltd, Great Britain.
• Vice Chairman Asia - Dr. Xiaolin Yan, Guangdong JUHUA Printing, China.
• Vice Chairman Europe - Jaap Lombaers, Holst Centre, Netherlands.
• Vice Chairman North America - Stan Farnsworth, NovaCentrix Corp., USA.
Additional members of the board are:
• Dr. Peter Fischer, Thin Film Electronics ASA
• Dr. Mark James, Merck Chemicals Ltd.
• Prof. Toshihide Kamata, AIST
• Dr. Stephan Kirchmeyer, COPT.Center
• Thomas Kolbusch, Coatema Coating Machinery GmbH
• Dr. Arto Maaninen, VTT – Technical Research Centre of Finland
• Dr. Giovanni Nisato, CSEM SA
• Dr. Nina Riegel, Osram OLED GmbH
• Thibaud Le Séguillon, Heliatek GmbH
On behalf of OE-A, Dr. Burroughes expressed his gratitude to both Markus Bamberger, Merck, and Prof. Reinhard Baumann, Fraunhofer ENAS/TU Chemnitz, for their countless services to the organization. After two respective 12-year periods as Board members, they have decided to no longer run as candidates.
“Prof. Baumann has been a member of the Board since its founding and has earned great recognition for his international collaboration between universities and the industry. He has also been a strong and essential proponent of enhancing education to support the members future activities and employment needs,” said Dr. Burroughes.
He equally acknowledged Prof. Toshihide Kamata, AIST for his five years of dedicated work as vice chairman Asia. “Prof. Kamata significantly strengthened OE-A’s position in Asia and initiated numerous types of cooperation. With this, he provided important impetus for the continuing internationalization of the organization. We are delighted that he will remain on the Board and look forward to his continued support of the OE-A membership in Asia and the rest of the world,” said Dr. Burroughes.
“Printed electronics has already been applied in various sectors, ranging from the automotive industry to consumer electronics,” added Dr. Burroughes. “OE-A will continue to actively support our industry in its ongoing commercialization. One key point of focus: Continuous education of the potential of the OE-A membership technologies with end-user industries as well as promoting collaboration between OE-A members and the wider industry. This is clearly reflected in the composition of the new Board of Directors.”