The panel will be hosted by Chris Herring, senior sports writer at FiveThirtyEight and will include:
• Sam Ventura, professor at Carnegie Mellon and consultant, Pittsburgh Penguins
• Ben Lindbergh, staff writer at The Ringer and formerly of Baseball Prospectus
• Ben Falk, former VP of basketball strategy, Philadelphia 76ers
• Mitch Tanney, director of football analytics, Denver Broncos
• John Bacon, director of operations, Zebra Sports
Zebra Technologies is the official on-field player tracking provider of the NFL. The Zebra Sports Solution attaches RFID tags to player equipment to track their movements on the field, which enables coaches to gather performance data including speed, distance traveled, acceleration and deceleration. This allows coaches to conduct deeper analysis into formations and player tendencies which helps during game preparation.
“While all NFL clubs and stadiums employ the Zebra Sports Solution on game day, a growing number of teams in the NFL and on the collegiate level are acquiring the solution to optimize practice performance,” Jill Stelfox, VP and GM, Location Solutions, Zebra Technologies, said.