The company’s Supervisory Board will propose the appointment of Jean-Marc Chery as sole member of the Managing Board at the 2018 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. Chery will also hold the position of president and CEO of STMicroelectronics.
Upon the proposal of Chery, the Supervisory Board has approved the establishment of a newly formed Executive Committee, entrusted with the management of the company and led by ST’s president and CEO as its chairman.
The other members of ST’s Executive Committee will be the following:
• Orio Bellezza, president, Technology, manufacturing and quality
• Marco Cassis, president, sales, marketing, communications and strategy development
• Claude Dardanne, president, Microcontrollers and Digital ICs Group
• Lorenzo Grandi, president, finance, infrastructure and services and CFO
• Marco Monti, president, Automotive and Discrete Group
• Georges Penalver, president, human resources and corporate social responsibility
• Steve Rose, president, legal counsel
• Benedetto Vigna, president, Analog, MEMS and Sensors Group.
Chery currently serves as deputy CEO of ST. He began his career in the Quality organization of Matra, the French engineering group. In 1986, he joined Thomson Semiconducteurs, which subsequently became ST, and held various management positions in product planning and manufacturing, rising to lead ST’s wafer fabs in Tours, France, and later in Rousset, France.
In 2005, Chery took charge of ST’s Front-End Manufacturing in Asia Pacific. In 2008, he was promoted CTO and assumed additional responsibilities for Manufacturing and Quality (2011) and the Digital Product Sector (2012). In 2014, he was promoted COO.
Chery chairs the Board of STS, ST’s manufacturing joint venture in China, and holds board membership at the European microelectronics R&D program AENEAS.