The IDTechEx Launchpad initiative features early-stage start-ups, universities, newly spun-out companies and research labs or government labs that will demonstrate a working prototype or product that highlights new advances in any of the related event topics of 3D printing, electric vehicles, energy harvesting, energy storage, graphene, Internet of Things, printed electronics, sensors, or wearable technology.
The winners of IDTechEx Launchpad are:
• 3YOURMIND 3D Printing - 3YOURMIND has produced an automated Part Inventory Analysis for 3D printing which they will be demonstrating at the event. Their suite of tools enable mass adoption of 3D printing in production workflows.
• Advanced System Design GmbH Electric vehicles - Advanced System Design GmbH will be exhibiting the “Vanquisher,” the world’s first hybrid-electric amphibious all-terrain alpine rescue transporter.
• ChemCubed LLC Printed Electronics - ChemCubed (Chem3) develops custom chemistries, for piezo-head Additive Manufacturing. The printer, the printing process and printed samples will be shown.
• Comberry, LLC Energy Storage - Comberry will be presenting samples of a new generation of thin film solid-state Li-ion pseudo supercapacitors as well as hybrid capacitors.
• cosinuss° Wearable - cosinuss° will demonstrate the cosinuss° One. The °One is a wearable ear sensor that can measure heart rate, body temperature and HRV. degree.
• Cytosurge Printed Electronics and 3D Printing - Cytosurge will demonstrate their FluidFM µ3Dprinter, a direct metal printer for printing metals on a micrometer scale.
• Doppel Wearable - Doppel will be exhibiting the doppel wristband, which emits a vibration that feels like a heartbeat on the inside of the wrist, working with the body’s natural response to rhythm to change how people feel.
• FlexoSense Pte Ltd Sensors - FlexoSense will be demonstrating flexible sensor technology solutions for rehabilitative devices and lifestyle products. The sensors enable smart rehabilitation of patients with physical and mobility impairment.
• Gait Up Sensors and Printed Electronics - Gait Up will show their Gait and Running Analysis Packages, which combine smart sensors and biomechanics, providing motion analysis solutions for sports and health.
• Institute of Low Temperature and Structure Research PAS Graphene - W. Trzebiatowski Institute of Low Temperature and Structural Research will demonstrate a novel light source based on graphene.
• Libralato Ltd Vehicles - Libralato will exhibit a prototype rotary hybrid engine, predicted to be as efficient as a diesel engine (>40%) using gasoline, but 50% smaller and 30% lower cost.
• Thin Film Elements Sensors - Thin Film Elements will be demonstrating a microbial sensor for food quality monitoring, a water sensor and fingerprint sensor. Thin Film Elements produces sensors on the base of a polymer sensing platform.
• Toposens GmbH Sensors - Toposens will be demonstrating 3D Ultrasound Sensor Technology for autonomous vehicles, consumer electronics products and people analytics.
• TriDInnov Sensors and Printed Electronics - TDI will present a strain gauge sensor printed on a composite substrate.
• Vaporsens Sensors - Vaporsens will show a sensor array card and will demonstrate responses to various common chemical toxins such as ammonia or acetone.
• Wearable Life Science Wearable and Printed Electronics - Wearable Life Science will demonstrate ANTELOPE, performance enhancing compression sportswear with integrated electrodes, a smartphone-sized power device, as well as an app to control the whole system.
• Z3DLAB SAS 3D Printing - Z3DLAB will show a3D printed in titanium dental implant and will also premiere their ZTi-Powder and ZTi-Med (both from a fusion of titanium and ceramic) at the event.