After LOPEC chair Wolfgang Mildner of mswTech welcomed the attendees, Dr. Tarik Vardagand, managing director of ATH, Kroenert, Coetema and ZAE, will discuss “Development of New Processes and Optimization of Existing Processes – A Comprehensive Approach to Innovation for the Converting & Coating Industry.” The first day of LOPEC then breaks into two sessions: Short Courses and the Business Conference.
There are six Short Courses, with VTT’s Jukka Hast serving as the moderator throughout the courses. The Short Courses are:
• “Drying and Curing Technologies” - Tatiana Zubkova, research assistant, Chemnitz University of Technology.
• “Hybrid Printed Electronics for Flexible, Stretchable and 3D Products” - Corne Rentrop, project manager, Holst Centre.
• “High Resolution Printing Techniques” - Dr. Yasuyuki Kusaka, senior researcher, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST).
• “Randomly Shaped Electronics Using Industry Compatible Manufacturing Technologies” - Prof. Jan Vanfleteren, principal scientist, imec and Ghent University.
• “3D Structural Electronics” – Markus Ankenbrand, research associate, FAU Erlangen-Nuremberg.
• “The Use of R2R-UV-Nanoimprinting in Flexible Microelectronics, Microoptics, Bionics and Microfluidics” - Dr. Barbara Stadlober, head of research group, Joanneum Research.
There will be four Business Conference sessions.
The first session, End-User Applications and Requirements, will be moderated by Thomas Kolbusch, VP of Coatema Coating Machinery GmbH. This session will feature talks by Martin Glatz, VP sales marketing R&D and member of the management board at KARL KNAUER KG; Sri Vishnu Subramaniam of OPVIUS Gmbh; Dr. Thomas Baumann, CSO for cynora GmbH; and Stephan Gachet, VP sales for Genes’Ink.
Stan Farnsworth, chief marketing officer for NovaCentrix, will moderate the second morning session, Business and Product Developments. This will feature Jan Thiele, managing director and founder, Prismade Labs GmbH; Dr. Ronny Timmreck, CEO, TU Dresden, IAPP; Dr. Paul Harten, projekt manager, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH; Dr. Anne De Villeroché, sales and marketing manager, PCAS; and Dr. Yi-Ming Chang, CTO, Raynergy Tek Inc.
Dr. Mark James, R&D director, head of organic electronics at Merck Chemicals Ltd., will moderate the two afternoon sessions. The first, Supply-Chain Challenges and Changes, features Dr. Christoph Badock, managing director, Hoefer & Sohn GmbH; Jon Stark, CEO, Peratech; Dr. Brian Cobb, VP product and applications, PragmatIC; and Dr. Michael Korell, project manager – intrapreneur, Evonik Creavis GmbH.
The final session of the Business Conference focuses on Market and Industry Forecasts for areas ranging from printed and flexible sensors and in-mold electronics to ePaper and 3D printing. Speakers will include Dr. Guillaume Chansin, principal consultant, Irimitech; Anum Javed Beg, market research associate, AWA Alexander Watson Associates; Toru Sakai, principal engineer, CLEARink Displays B.V.; and Alroy Almeida, CEO and co-founder of Voltera.